Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chris Nolan

When Mr. Nolan came to our class, I learned several useful new things about search engines and the sites I visit. First, I learned that there are many different ways to use google than just searching the web or looking for images. We learned that Google Scholar can help you find more academic sources for times when you need to do research. Mr. Nolan also talked to us about evaluating the sources you select. Some of the criteria are the website itself, the author of the page, and whether the site has legitimate citations to show that accurate information is being displayed. I think that both using different search engines and finding scholarly sources will both help me in the future for times where I might need to write a research paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment